From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>, Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-core] Re: Poll: Would you sign a Contributer License Agreement?
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 20:13:18
1 Dnia 25 czerwca 2018 21:02:05 CEST, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> napisał(a):
2 >On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 11:51 AM Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 11:53 AM Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
4 >wrote:
5 >> >
6 >> > I want to note here that if this comes into effect, and becomes
7 >> > mandatory, some critical pieces of Gentoo would go unmaintained for
8 >> > months, if not longer and possibly indefinitely, until the employer
9 >of
10 >> > the maintainers allows them to sign whatever it is you would
11 >require.
12 >>
13 >> Just to get you to elaborate a bit more: is this a concern with the
14 >> Gentoo DCO in particular, or any requirement to sign off on anything?
15 >
16 >The latter.
17
18 If they really can't sign off that they are allowed to contribute, then I indeed prefer them stopping contributing. That's certainly better than learning one day that all their contributions were illegal and we suddenly have to pull off all those packages.
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny (by phone)