From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: "Ulrich Müller" <ulm@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] EAPI6 Features
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 22:58:04
1 On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 5:40 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > The original proposal aimed for adding it as optional, EAPI-independent
4 > feature -- and that was GLEP 62. However, we decided that instead we'd
5 > like to add it along with a new EAPI.
8 That makes sense. We have a well-defined mechanism for introducing
9 features to ebuilds, so why do something out-of-band. We could of
10 course do another EAPI bump just for this later, but I wouldn't just
11 slip it retroactively into an existing EAPI.
12
13 Is this proposal ready for prime time yet? We could defer voting on
14 it Tues and slip it in before the EAPI is finalized, but I know the
15 PMS team would like to do a feature freeze hence the agenda item.
16
17 Rich