From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: rich0@g.o, "Ulrich Müller" <ulm@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] EAPI6 Features
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 02:58:18
1 Dnia 2014-06-08, o godz. 18:58:01
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 5:40 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 > > The original proposal aimed for adding it as optional, EAPI-independent
6 > > feature -- and that was GLEP 62. However, we decided that instead we'd
7 > > like to add it along with a new EAPI.
8 >
9 > That makes sense. We have a well-defined mechanism for introducing
10 > features to ebuilds, so why do something out-of-band. We could of
11 > course do another EAPI bump just for this later, but I wouldn't just
12 > slip it retroactively into an existing EAPI.
13 >
14 > Is this proposal ready for prime time yet? We could defer voting on
15 > it Tues and slip it in before the EAPI is finalized, but I know the
16 > PMS team would like to do a feature freeze hence the agenda item.
17
18 Well, I don't think it's going to change much. It may suffer cosmetic
19 changes but it's mostly Council/PMS decision -- like using
20 IUSE='foo@#*$@' instead of IUSE_RUNTIME='foo'.
21
22 Another thing is implementing it. But if it's deferred right now, I
23 doubt it's going to move on until the last vote. Zac used to be pretty
24 positive about it but nobody started trying to implement it. I'd say
25 the initial vote may happen on the idea now, and if necessary,
26 the implementation may be postponed into next EAPI later.
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny