From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, rich0@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] EAPI6 Features
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 10:12:24
1 >>>>> On Mon, 9 Jun 2014, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > [...] IUSE_RUNTIME [...]
4
5 > Another thing is implementing it. But if it's deferred right now,
6 > I doubt it's going to move on until the last vote. Zac used to be
7 > pretty positive about it but nobody started trying to implement it.
8
9 I'd rather avoid adding a feature to EAPI 6 where we don't have a
10 proof of concept at least.
11
12 We made this mistake in EAPI 3 and it was endlessly delayed. (What was
13 originally intended to be EAPI 3 is now called EAPI 4, and at least
14 one of its features was further delayed until EAPI 5.)
15
16 > I'd say the initial vote may happen on the idea now, and if
17 > necessary, the implementation may be postponed into next EAPI later.
18
19 We can vote and give the go-ahead for it, and if IUSE_RUNTIME is
20 ready in time, then it can be part of EAPI 6. But please, let's keep
21 it separate from the EAPI, for the time being.
22
23 Ulrich