From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Code of Conduct
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 12:59:34
1 On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 7:46 AM, Tomáš Chvátal <scarabeus@g.o> wrote:
2 > I would like to hear all kind of suggestions for wording in the document. I
3 > tried my best but I suck at expressing myself so please do your best.
4
5 I'd recommend dropping the last sentence about council members not
6 being enforcers, because this is not really a conflict of interest.
7 The council is the elected body in charge of non-legal aspects of the
8 community - devrel exists and serves at its pleasure. If we can't
9 trust the council to act responsibly, then there is really nothing
10 that we can do to keep the project running well.
11
12 That said, I know that there has been back-and-forth on this in the
13 past. If the council doesn't object to the wording I'll say nothing
14 further.
15
16 Rich