From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Code of Conduct
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 13:16:10
1 2013/5/24 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
2
3 > On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 7:46 AM, Tomáš Chvátal <scarabeus@g.o>
4 > wrote:
5 > > I would like to hear all kind of suggestions for wording in the
6 > document. I
7 > > tried my best but I suck at expressing myself so please do your best.
8 >
9 > I'd recommend dropping the last sentence about council members not
10 > being enforcers, because this is not really a conflict of interest.
11 > The council is the elected body in charge of non-legal aspects of the
12 > community - devrel exists and serves at its pleasure. If we can't
13 > trust the council to act responsibly, then there is really nothing
14 > that we can do to keep the project running well.
17 Hi,
18
19 Thats a question, someone could correctly state that appealing mechanism
20 member should not be involved in the first level resolution.
21 Because this way it can be that you actually complain about decision of a
22 guy to the same guy.
23
24 Thats why I think that council should be taken out from making the first
25 decision. But it does not mean that they can't give out suggestions for
26 resolutions, they just should not be the one who effectively make it.
27
28 Cheers
29
30 Tom