From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for Council Agenda Items - 14 Oct 2014
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 13:00:14
1 Dnia 2014-10-13, o godz. 14:54:56
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > >>>>> On Mon, 13 Oct 2014, Michał Górny wrote:
5 >
6 > > 2. Dependency updates [2] are stuck midway games. With no help from
7 > > games team, the fact that most of the current dependencies don't
8 > > make sense and that most of the games are proprietary, you shouldn't
9 > > expect much sane progress anytime soon. Likely we're just going to
10 > > end up updating the current dependencies knowing they're likely
11 > > wrong.
12 >
13 > "Il meglio è l'inimico del bene." -- Voltaire
14 >
15 > You could start with the dependencies currently in ebuilds, and in
16 > addition use tools like scanelf or lddtree for scanning the binaries
17 > installed by the package. (Or even the old tools for porting packages
18 > to modular X [4] could be used; it's a very similar task.)
19
20 Proprietary games == no binaries for me.
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny