From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] The problem of defunct and undermanned projects in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 21:36:04
1 On 18/07/17 22:23, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 22:12:45 +0100
3 > "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I think mgorny was doing some general commit stats, and I have yet to
6 >> compile my own, but it would be very interesting to see how many
7 >> 'active' team members there were in any given project. I suspect the
8 >> results could be very telling ...
9 > Its not even like they're "inactive", they're just not active *in the team*.
10 >
11 > For some, there's no reason for them to devaway:
12 >
13 > - They're on IRC
14 > - They commit daily
15 >
16 > But they're on teams they seldom do things in.
17 >
18 > This is probably more true the more teams you're on.
19 Then why are you 'in' the team.. I mean, there's one thing to idle on an
20 IRC channel, but membership does normally imply some form of
21 contribution, no? Or is it just to make you 'look'
22 interested/popular/part-of-the-furniture ....