From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008]
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 21:52:56
1 Ciaran McCreesh kirjoitti:
2 > On Thu, 15 May 2008 13:49:14 -0700
3 > Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
4 >> tove brought up an interesting point from GLEP 39:
5 >>
6 >> If any meeting has less than 50% attendance by council members, a
7 >> new election for all places must be held within a month. The 'one
8 >> year' is then reset from that point.
9 >>
10 >> musikc questioned whether that was only intended for the regular
11 >> meetings or also irregular ones like this.
12 >
13 > Since I'm the one to blame for those bits of GLEP 39...
14 >
15 > The wording's fairly explicit -- *any* meeting. The GLEP doesn't say
16 > that the council has monthly meetings. It merely requires *at least*
17 > one meeting per month:
18 >
19 >> The council must hold an open meeting at least once per month.
20 >
21 > The Council is free to decide when it has meetings so long as it meets
22 > that requirement. In this case, the Council decided to hold two
23 > meetings this month.
24 >
25 > Looks like you don't have much choice but to do what the GLEP says
26 > and schedule an election...
29 Keeping an election is really not that much trouble so I would just do
30 it. As for why I didn't attend it's because my server hasn't really been
31 able to keep itself up lately and with no access to my regular irssi
32 screen I forgot to get myself online via other means.
33
34 Regards,
35 Petteri