From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008]
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 16:46:19
1 On 00:52 Fri 16 May , Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Keeping an election is really not that much trouble so I would just do it.
3 > As for why I didn't attend it's because my server hasn't really been able
4 > to keep itself up lately and with no access to my regular irssi screen I
5 > forgot to get myself online via other means.
6
7 We could hold a 2-week vote that is simply something like this:
8
9 "Do you want to elect new council members? A 'yes' vote means that you
10 want an election. A 'no' vote means that you want to retain the existing
11 council."
12
13 That might preempt the time required (wasted?) for an all-out
14 nomination+election.
15
16 Thanks,
17 Donnie