From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 17:02:51
1 On 11/10/16 17:48, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > Comrel chooses to get involved when they need not be. They had no reason to
3 > get involved in 2015, or since 2008. They did not need to get involved and
4 > take action in 2008.
5 >
6 > That is the root of the entire problem. They choose to interject when they are
7 > not needed or wanted...
8 >
9 > If comrel did nothing in 2015, I would not be here posting. If they did
10 > nothing in 2008, I would never have left. This is all because of their
11 > involvement, not their resolution...
14 Stepping in on a topic that I know little about, but from a related
15 subject that irks me significantly....
16
17 Willliam: propose a (viable) change to policy that the council can vote
18 on. The discussion on what is passed, is definitely that. If you have
19 lodged an appeal to due process to Council, or if you think that some
20 part of Gentoo acted illegally, take advice, and address the Trustees.
21
22 rich0 has started a perfectly reasonable discussion as to explore some
23 of the 'warts' if you like .. of the ComRel body, and how it may be
24 Improved. It is the emphasis on the latter that is likely to make a
25 difference going forward, and allows the possibility (and at this stage
26 it is Only Possibility) that the status quo may be Re-evaluated against
27 new policy.
28
29 In proposing new changes, we must Justify why we feel these changes are
30 necessary - not so much how they affect the Past, but how they will
31 improve Gentoo for the Future. Examples are valid, but need to be
32 presented in a factual matter. Simply getting angry and upset is likely
33 to galvanise others against you, and make your plight harder to further.
34
35 Just my 2c. And a dollar thrown in.
36
37 Michael/veremit.