From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 17:22:07
1 On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 6:02:44 PM EDT M. J. Everitt wrote:
2
3 > Stepping in on a topic that I know little about, but from a related
4 > subject that irks me significantly....
5 >
6 > Willliam: propose a (viable) change to policy that the council can vote
7 > on. The discussion on what is passed, is definitely that. If you have
8 > lodged an appeal to due process to Council, or
9
10 I am more concerned about technical aspects of Gentoo that need work. Spending
11 time on proposals or GLEPs to the council is futile. I pretty much know the
12 larger community will object.
13
14 Even if what I say is good, most will see it as a bad because I have a black
15 label. I am an outcast and always seen and treated as such. I have seen this
16 be the case several times in the past. I suggestion something, shot down,
17 others do and it gets accepted...
18
19 > if you think that some
20 > part of Gentoo acted illegally, take advice, and address the Trustees.
21
22 I was a trustee....
23
24 Comrel took action against a recently resigned Trustee on the -nfp list, a
25 foundation list. That in of itself was a huge insult. Rather than thanks for
26 being a Trustee, or giving them some slack. lets ban a former Trustee from -
27 nfp for a single post. Then suspend dev privileges for another 15 days because
28 a 1 post.
29
30 The entire situation never should have occurred... You do not take actions
31 against a former Trustee like that... It is called NO RESPECT...
32
33 I have never been treated respectfully by devrel/comrel.
36 William L. Thomson Jr.