From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Upcoming council meeting - Tuesday, 1st of February, 2000 UTC
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:32:38
1 On 01/26/2011 10:19 AM, Torsten Veller wrote:
2 > * Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o>:
3 >> On 01/26/2011 08:50 AM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
4 >>> On 1/26/11 3:33 AM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
5 >>>> Meeting agenda:
6 >>>> * GLEP 48 (QA)
7 >>>
8 >> I think we should apply the same rules to GLEP changes as to new GLEPs.
9 >> Then we have this coming from GLEP 1:
10 >>
11 >> "GLEP authors are responsible for collecting community feedback on a
12 >> GLEP before submitting it for review. A GLEP that has not been discussed
13 >> on gentoo-dev@g.o and/or the Gentoo Linux forums [7] will not be
14 >> accepted"
15 >>
16 >> As the GLEP predates gentoo-project I think this mailing list is proper
17 >> too. Paweł's comment shows that just a gentoo-qa mailing will not get
18 >> you enough exposure to ensure the wider community has had a chance to
19 >> comment on the changes. For this reason I think the item should be
20 >> postponed to the next meeting.
21 >
22 > I agree. Let's give the community a chance to comment.
23 >
24 > I also see the downside of the GLEP process:
25 > If you run "Developer Relations" - a project not being backed up by a
26 > GLEP - you can change the policy as you like and don't have to ask for
27 > feedback from the community at all [1].
30 That document was eventually approved by the council and I don't plan on
31 doing major modifications on my own. But there's a good point here in
32 that it's probably a good idea to turn that document into a GLEP.
33
34 > I hope we can agree that feedback is good -- required by the GLEP
35 > process or not.
38 Indeed.
39
40 Regards,