From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 15:16:21
1 On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 14:10 +0400, Peter Volkov wrote:
2 > В Вск, 18/05/2008 в 01:24 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. пишет:
3 > > Part of the GLEP voted on, states that the policy/rule in question is
4 > > a global one. Of which all global matters of that nature fall under
5 > > the Council's rule. Per section B. Clearly stated. Thus the current
6 > > council, could technically do what they felt was best, and it could be
7 > > retroactive.
8 >
9 > Although GLEP 39 does not states this explicitly common sense suggests
10 > that there is zero sense in having policy for council if they can change
11 > it retroactively. So I'd say that while not written this is implied.
12
13 Ok, so are we following common sense or policy?
14
15 If it's common sense, why would it have been so hard to clearly state
16 and document the above? Policies are stated, not assumed. We have way to
17 many undocumented, word of mouth, common sense policies. If we are going
18 to run around enforcing things. It must be documented, not assumed.
19
20 FYI, IMHO common sense says we give them a chance to make up for the
21 meeting. Before rush to punishment. So who's common sense is correct per
22 policy? Mine or yours?
25 William L. Thomson Jr.
26 amd64/Java/Trustees
27 Gentoo Foundation