From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Discontinuing the support for GitHub pull requests
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 13:07:52
1 W dniu wto, 31.10.2017 o godzinie 03∶50 +0100, użytkownik Andreas K.
2 Huettel napisał:
3 > Am Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2017, 00:17:38 CET schrieb Michał Górny:
4 > >
5 > > We've put a significant effort to make it convenient to use GitHub to
6 > > contribute to Gentoo. Many users have appreciated that, and so did many
7 > > developers. I think we can call that a success. However, I don't think
8 > > that's really successful enough.
9 > >
10 > > The main goal for using GitHub was to make it easy both for users to
11 > > submit their contributions, and for Gentoo developers to review
12 > > and merge them. However, for that to work out we'd actually have to have
13 > > more Gentoo developers *care* and we don't have that.
14 >
15 > At the moment we have 22508 open bugs in bugzilla... should we maybe close
16 > that too?
19 I suppose we've failed to maintain a proper version field so that we
20 could mass-close all the bugs with old version assigned every once
21 and then like other distributions do.
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny