From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Discontinuing the support for GitHub pull requests
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 02:50:58
1 Am Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2017, 00:17:38 CET schrieb Michał Górny:
2 >
3 > We've put a significant effort to make it convenient to use GitHub to
4 > contribute to Gentoo. Many users have appreciated that, and so did many
5 > developers. I think we can call that a success. However, I don't think
6 > that's really successful enough.
7 >
8 > The main goal for using GitHub was to make it easy both for users to
9 > submit their contributions, and for Gentoo developers to review
10 > and merge them. However, for that to work out we'd actually have to have
11 > more Gentoo developers *care* and we don't have that.
12
13 At the moment we have 22508 open bugs in bugzilla... should we maybe close
14 that too?
15
16 And, yes I freely admit I stopped looking at github notifications some time
17 ago. Right now I have 193 unread notifications from gentoo/gentoo.
20 Andreas K. Hüttel
21 dilfridge@g.o
22 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)