From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Ecosystem
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 03:13:21
1 On 10/06/17 19:00, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > I've recently picked up the beautiful "Gentoo Ecosystem" graphics that the
5 > Funtoo guys prepared, and updated it (we had it as a poster at FOSDEM). My
6 > updates were very much quick-and-rough, and I suspect there are still things
7 > missing, dates wrong, ...
8 >
9 > So... If you're interested in the history of Gentoo and its surroundings, and
10 > if you want to help,
11 >
12 > * clone https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo-ecosystem
13 > * pick a distribution and do research on it
14 > * and start documenting your findings in the "notes" subdirectory
15 > (one file per distro, plain text)
16 >
17 > [Please document your sources and explain a bit in the text file - but please
18 > also keep the amount of copy/pasted text to what counts as a citation.]
19 >
20 > I'll be happy to add the data to the actual graphics then, but of course feel
21 > free to try to do that yourself as well (the format is a bit iffy).
22 >
23 > Gentoo devs should be able to commit directly, everyone else is encouraged to
24 > file pull requests.
25 >
26 > Cheers,
27 > Andreas
31 This was very cool, and generated much interest at FOSDEM too - thanks
32 for this Andreas!
33
34 It may be worth cross-posting over to some of -dev/-users possibly to
35 raise awareness, as much as call for contributions!
36
37 Regards,
38 veremit/Michael.