From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Social Contract, Council: please fix the mess you cause
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 02:05:36
1 On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 9:39 PM, M. J. Everitt <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
2 > On 26/03/18 02:36, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 8:40 PM, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera
4 >> (klondike) <klondike@g.o> wrote:
5 >>> "Comments by selected people are welcome. "
6 >> And this would be why I've maintained that having non-overlapping
7 >> Council/Trustees is a problem waiting to happen. We have two
8 >> governing bodies that disagree and continue to escalate things, in
9 >> part because we don't allow an overlap in membership and there are
10 >> only so many people interested in either job to go around.
13 > Pardon me for asking, but isn't this completely tangential to the topic
14 > at hand?
17 That's a pretty good description of this thread, which I imagine is
18 why the Council hasn't been in a mad rush to tweak the social
19 contract. The arguing over closing the lists hasn't even died down
20 yet...
23 Rich