From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Formally have Council oversee the Foundation 2.0
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 21:10:00
1 On 2017.01.16 20:38, Dale wrote:
2 > William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
3 > > On Monday, January 16, 2017 1:54:21 PM EST Dale wrote:
4 > >> Do you still have any archived info on SPI and the research you
5 > did?
6 > > Yes, but I was very big on being 100% transparent, so it should all
7 > be public
8 > > on the -nfp mailing list. I can see if I have some stuff that is not
9 > public to
10 > > make public, irc logs, etc.
11 >
12 > That's how ti should be. My messages go back to around mid 2007. If
13 > it
14 > is late 2007 or after, the subject line alone should help me find it.
17 > >> Did you ever contact SPI directly and still have those messages??
18 > > I recall I did contact the SPI. I have email proof of me saying such
19 > to other
20 > > trustees. In which I stated I did not want to repeat myself to other
21 > public
22 > > information. I just found another mention of such in an -nfp post.
23 > Looking for
24 > > original post and will provide a link.
25 > >
26 > > I will have to look into my IRC log archives for further details.
27 > Any email
28 > > contacted was cc'd to -nfp list.
31 > Thanks much. So far what I've read on the SPI site is along the lines
32 > of what you have posted. I do believe that Debian is special as you
33 > posted in another post tho. Also, this is what I found about legal
34 > services:
35 >
36 > "SPI has access to legal counsel which the board may consult on behalf
37 > of the project, at the discretion of the board."
38 >
39 > To me, that seems to be very limited and may not even be available
40 > depending on whether SPI thinks it's needed.
41 >
42 > Dale
43 >
44 > :-) :-)
49 Dale,
50
51 It certainly after William was elected as a trustee. That would be
52 Feb or Mar 2008
55 Regards,
56
57 Roy Bamford