From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Require OpenPGP signatures from existing devs on new developer applications?
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 19:43:39
1 On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 6:58 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
2 > With increasing focus on security in various contexts I'd like to
3 > propose that we start discussing catching up with other distributions
4 > and start requiring new developers' OpenPGP keyblocks to have at least
5 > two signatures from existing developers before applications can be
6 > made[A]. Amongst other things This helps building the Gentoo Web of Trust.
7
8 I like your proposal in abstracto (and I have the good luck of having
9 been at FOSDEM once, where I gathered some signatures, including
10 yours), but I agree with Rich and MichaƂ in that I'm not sure how this
11 is practical, in the sense of not putting up another pretty big
12 barrier to entry for new developers. Do you have an idea for this in
13 mind that does not actually require expensive (in time and money) IRL
14 meetings?
15
16 Cheers,
17