From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Require OpenPGP signatures from existing devs on new developer applications?
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 17:58:34
1 With increasing focus on security in various contexts I'd like to
2 propose that we start discussing catching up with other distributions
3 and start requiring new developers' OpenPGP keyblocks to have at least
4 two signatures from existing developers before applications can be
5 made[A]. Amongst other things This helps building the Gentoo Web of Trust.
8 E.g [Debian] has the following requirement: "To maintain the strong Web
9 of Trust that connects all Debian Developers, Applicants need to
10 identify themselves by providing an OpenPGP key that is signed by at
11 least two official Developers. To further ensure their identity,
12 signatures by other people (who do not need to be DDs, but should be
13 well connected in the overall Web of Trust) are strongly recommended."
16 References:
17
18 [Debian] https://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-checklist
21 Endnotes:
22
23 [A] Possibly with an opt-out by application to council, in case there
24 are certain regions where this is considered non-feasable etc.
27 Kristian Fiskerstrand
28 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
29 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3