From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Merging Trustees and Council / Developers and Foundation - 1.0 reply
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 10:03:17
1 On 01/11/2017 01:50 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Tue, 10 Jan 2017, Matthew Thode wrote:
3 >
4 >> 9. Members of the 'board' having conflicts with their job.
5 >
6 >> I'm, not sure about this as it's likely case by case. But I
7 >> personally don't see this causing much more issues than what is
8 >> already caused by working on an open source project.
9 >
10 > It is causing more issues. I need no special permission to serve on
11 > the Council. However, law [1] doesn't allow me any activity in an
12 > "organ" of a corporation, even if that activity is non-paid. I suspect
13 > that getting permission for this could take a long time, since there
14 > may be no precedent for U.S. (or New Mexico) nonprofit corporations.
15 >
16 > IIUC, dilfridge is in a similar situation.
17 >
18 > Ulrich
19 >
20 > [1] Landesbeamtengesetz of Rhineland-Palatinate, ยง 83 Absatz 1 Satz 2 Nr. 2
21 > http://landesrecht.rlp.de/jportal/?quelle=jlink&query=BG+RP&psml=bsrlpprod.psml
24 Ya, I'm not sure about that. How does being a developer work then?
25 That's basically an organ of a corp in my mind.
28 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)