From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Merging Trustees and Council / Developers and Foundation - 1.0 reply
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 07:51:16
1 >>>>> On Tue, 10 Jan 2017, Matthew Thode wrote:
2
3 > 9. Members of the 'board' having conflicts with their job.
4
5 > I'm, not sure about this as it's likely case by case. But I
6 > personally don't see this causing much more issues than what is
7 > already caused by working on an open source project.
8
9 It is causing more issues. I need no special permission to serve on
10 the Council. However, law [1] doesn't allow me any activity in an
11 "organ" of a corporation, even if that activity is non-paid. I suspect
12 that getting permission for this could take a long time, since there
13 may be no precedent for U.S. (or New Mexico) nonprofit corporations.
14
15 IIUC, dilfridge is in a similar situation.
16
17 Ulrich
18
19 [1] Landesbeamtengesetz of Rhineland-Palatinate, ยง 83 Absatz 1 Satz 2 Nr. 2
20 http://landesrecht.rlp.de/jportal/?quelle=jlink&query=BG+RP&psml=bsrlpprod.psml