From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] gentoo dev map info
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:52:55
1 2011/2/24 Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>:
2 > So I guess I'll just try to be welcoming and friendly myself and leave
3 > the rest of Gentoo's tone alone, mostly.  When it get's unbarable, I'll
4 > just quit: in small (selected mediums or channels) or big (the whole
5 > project).
6
7 Yeah, but the problem with this is that this is how we got our
8 reputation on distrowatch (which I'd argue is now out of date).
9
10 I think we can safely say that we're not erring on the side of being
11 too stiff and professional around here. I think informality can be
12 refreshing, but sometimes it can get out of hand.
13
14 So, by all means we should speak up when things get out of hand, and
15 let's all try to be patient with each other when this happens. I
16 don't think Gentoo is helped if everybody throws their hands up in the
17 air and just goes their own way, even if this is the easiest way to
18 handle situations like these.
19
20 Assume good intentions - all around...
21
22 Rich