From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council Election
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2013 18:56:16
1 On 2013.06.01 03:36, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > I hate to start a new thread just to point this out, but I didn't
3 > want
4 > to reply to the agenda thread per the typical policy.
5 >
6 > On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Roy Bamford
7 > <neddyseagoon@g.o>
8 > wrote:
9 > > The council election is due in June.
10 > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/elections/council/
11 >
12 > I'm not sure if there are any technical limitations on running two
13 > elections at the same time, but the Trustees are also aiming to
14 > gather
15 > nominations in June and perform the election in August (we need to
16 > get
17 > that announced ASAP, actually if we want to be done for the AGM).
18 >
19 > While the Trustees are trying to keep the AGM in August, there is a
20 > legal requirement that it take place by 19-Sep-2013, and that means
21 > having the election done no later than that date.
22 >
23 > This should be kept in mind when executing both elections. It isn't
24 > as much of an issue if the voting system can handle two open
25 > elections
26 > at the same time.
27 >
28 > Rich
32 Council nomination and voting periods are two weeks each, so the
33 council election can be complete by the end of June, or very early
34 July.
35
36 We still have time to avoid overlapping voting ... just.
39 Regards,
40
41 Roy Bamford
42 (Neddyseagoon) a member of