From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Some focus for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 21:31:23
1 On 01/13/2015 07:43 PM, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Wanted to share my thoughts on where I think Gentoo should go, in terms
3 > of direction. Would love to hear your thoughts.
4 >
5 > http://dberkholz.com/2015/01/13/gentoo-needs-focus-to-stay-relevant/
8 I think that improved binary package support will allow Gentoo to
9 compete with binary distros, making Gentoo applicable to a much wider
10 audience.
11
12 I am currently working on an new binary package repository (PKGDIR)
13 layout [1] and binary package soname dependencies [2] (soname deps will
14 require us to establish a naming convention for multilib ABI identifiers
15 [3]).
16
17 [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.portage.devel/5031
18 [2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/94145