From: "Amadeusz Żołnowski" <aidecoe@g.o>
To: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Some focus for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 21:46:58
1 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> writes:
2
3 > On 01/13/2015 07:43 PM, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
4 >> Wanted to share my thoughts on where I think Gentoo should go, in terms
5 >> of direction. Would love to hear your thoughts.
6 >>
7 >> http://dberkholz.com/2015/01/13/gentoo-needs-focus-to-stay-relevant/
10 > I think that improved binary package support will allow Gentoo to
11 > compete with binary distros, making Gentoo applicable to a much wider
12 > audience.
13
14 As far as I understand we should focus on something that other distros
15 fail at. (I'm not saying we should ignore binary package support, but
16 definitely it's place is not in top-3.)
20 Amadeusz Żołnowski