From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-11-08
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 19:11:47
1 On 10/26/2015 01:52 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 3:47 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I haven't read through the references yet, but is it also stated that
4 >> eapply_user needs to be applied at least once in addition to being
5 >> idempotent?
8 > It says it must be applied once. The reference in this case is just a
9 > diff to one line, so you should probably just read it. :)
10 >
11 > If anybody has additional pros/cons to the idempotent proposal that
12 > haven't already been raised I'm all ears. I was against the change
13 > but I'm willing to go along with it based on the arguments so far.
16 It's still not clear to me how this is supposed to work at all. Are we
17 expected to run eautoreconf unconditionally just in case a user will
18 throw in a patch that alters the build system? I definitely won't do
19 that, because autoreconf is the source for a lot of problems and build
20 failures.