From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2021-01-10 (late call, meeting this week!)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:12:26
1 On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 9:56 AM Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 01:41:05PM +0100, David Seifert wrote:
4 > > On Sun, 2021-01-10 at 23:57 -0500, desultory wrote:
5 > > >
6 > > > So, just to be clear, you are pushing a suggestion which received much
7 > > > more negative feedback than positive and which you avoid following
8 > > > whenever possible?
9 > >
10 > > Kinda odd then that it was accepted by the council unanimously, don't
11 > > you think?
15 > The acceptance by the council is irrelevant to desultory's reply here.
16 >
17 > Oddly, I agree with desultory's response and implication here.
18 >
19 > Of course, like any rule/regulation/suggestion/CoC, we are all guilty at
20 > one time or another of violating it.
21
22 The requirement to post agenda items to the list in advance isn't a
23 requirement that there be consensus before bringing them forward.
24 After all, the whole reason the Council exists is because not every
25 decision reaches consensus.
26
27 The Council can take into account other views aired on the lists
28 before making the final decision.
31 Rich