From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
Cc: desultory <desultory@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Appeals of Moderation Decisions
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 14:28:26
On 2/3/19 2:53 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 3. Februar 2019, 14:41:19 CET schrieb Kristian Fiskerstrand: >> On 2/3/19 12:44 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote: >>> Am Sonntag, 3. Februar 2019, 05:22:09 CET schrieb desultory: >>>> ComRel, as I have previously mentioned, engages in some extremely >>>> questionable practices, though (again) to their credit at least they >>>> admit it. >>> >>> And parts of forums should rather go away sooner than later, given how >>> even >>> moderators take part in highly questionable threads. That mess also >>> reflects on Gentoo as a whole. >> >> To be more concrete here if we want to put it on the agenda, we're >> talking about OTW only, or are there other categories etc that are >> non-gentoo-related on official communication channels? > > My main point is that OTW needs to be nuked from orbit.
That seems to be a good place to start in any case
> > That said, I'm not sure how much the forums / forum mods are still integrated > with the developer community in general. Maybe we devs just need to become > more active on the forums. Sometimes it feels like a parallel universe (where > Spock has a beard) though.
I don't see how that'd work, the more natural conclusion if we determine this is a concern is shutting down the forum altogether, not arbitrarily altering the workflow. I'm not ready for that at this point myself, though. -- Kristian Fiskerstrand OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3