From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
Cc: desultory <desultory@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Appeals of Moderation Decisions
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 14:28:26
1 On 2/3/19 2:53 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > Am Sonntag, 3. Februar 2019, 14:41:19 CET schrieb Kristian Fiskerstrand:
3 >> On 2/3/19 12:44 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
4 >>> Am Sonntag, 3. Februar 2019, 05:22:09 CET schrieb desultory:
5 >>>> ComRel, as I have previously mentioned, engages in some extremely
6 >>>> questionable practices, though (again) to their credit at least they
7 >>>> admit it.
8 >>>
9 >>> And parts of forums should rather go away sooner than later, given how
10 >>> even
11 >>> moderators take part in highly questionable threads. That mess also
12 >>> reflects on Gentoo as a whole.
13 >>
14 >> To be more concrete here if we want to put it on the agenda, we're
15 >> talking about OTW only, or are there other categories etc that are
16 >> non-gentoo-related on official communication channels?
17 >
18 > My main point is that OTW needs to be nuked from orbit.
19
20 That seems to be a good place to start in any case
23 > That said, I'm not sure how much the forums / forum mods are still integrated
24 > with the developer community in general. Maybe we devs just need to become
25 > more active on the forums. Sometimes it feels like a parallel universe (where
26 > Spock has a beard) though.
27
28 I don't see how that'd work, the more natural conclusion if we determine
29 this is a concern is shutting down the forum altogether, not arbitrarily
30 altering the workflow. I'm not ready for that at this point myself, though.
34 Kristian Fiskerstrand
35 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
36 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3