From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Comrel Improvements: Expectations of Privacy - action plan
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 19:20:56
1 On 10/11/2016 02:06 PM, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > Team,
3 >
4 > In general, I agree with this proposal. Its something we can build on
5 > and flesh out. I've added a few pointers towards where I would like to
6 > see it headed.
7 >
8 > On 2016.10.08 19:14, Matthew Thode wrote:
9 >> This is just a very simple proposal for what to / what should be set
10 >> as
11 >> policy. Hopefully this starts things moving again.
12 >>
13 >> 1. When information is turned over to comrel who does it get shared
14 >> with, and under what circumstances?
15 >> 1. held within comrel until appeal (technically accessible by infra)
16 >> 2. available to trustees
17 > Needs to be available for audit by an elected group outside of comrel for
18 > several reasons.
19 > a) so that said elected group can provide an assurance to the community
20 > that comrel is operating as intended.
21 > b) to renew comrels mandate.
22 >
23 > Elected group so that if that group is perceived to be making incorrect
24 > decisions, they can be replaced using existing processes.
25
26 good amendment +1
29 >> 2. Do any members of the community have an obligation to report? Can
30 >> members of comrel/trustees/officers/council/etc be told information in
31 >> private without it being shared back with comrel for the official
32 >> record?
33 > Thats two questions
34 >
35 >> 1. no, but are heavily encouraged to
36 > Agreed on reporting obligations.
37 >
38 >> 3. Specifically, what information gets shared with people named in a
39 >> dispute of some kind?
40 >> 1. anonymized transcripts if feasible, else all info.
41 >> 4. Under what circumstances will information be shared with a
42 >> government authority/etc?
43 >> 1. when required
44 >> 5. Do subjects of comrel action generally have a "right to face their
45 >> accuser?"
46 >> 1. no
47 > That depends what "face their accuser" means. If it means anonymising
48 > the accuser, the answer needs to be yes. It makes mediation difficult
49 > or impossible unless the parties are known to one anther.
50 >
51 > If the case is so clear cut, that its clear that (further) mediation is
52 > pointless, then I agree with the "No" but that should be rare.
55 Agreed, I was saying that there is not a right to face your accuser set
56 in stone. I'd expect that in practice people would know (at least in an
57 anon way) who their accuser is.
58
59 >> 6. What should be communicated about comrel actions, both proactively
60 >> and when people inquire about them?
61 >> 1. as needed, project lead notified
62 >
63 > As needed is a bit vague. The outcome should be communicated to
64 > anyone directly touched by the decision. The why and the guts of the
65 > incident remain confidential as outlined above.
68 It's vague on purpose because this is a big question. Saying that we
69 will notify people when we can is good though.
70
71 >> 2. in statistics
72 > In monthly statistics, which will have the side benefit of showing
73 > that comrel is still active.
76 >> --
77 >> Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)
82 Is the next step to propose this to council (and maybe foundation, not
83 sure there).
86 -- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)