From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Comrel Improvements: Expectations of Privacy - action plan
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 19:07:06
1 Team,
2
3 In general, I agree with this proposal. Its something we can build on
4 and flesh out. I've added a few pointers towards where I would like to
5 see it headed.
6
7 On 2016.10.08 19:14, Matthew Thode wrote:
8 > This is just a very simple proposal for what to / what should be set
9 > as
10 > policy. Hopefully this starts things moving again.
11 >
12 > 1. When information is turned over to comrel who does it get shared
13 > with, and under what circumstances?
14 > 1. held within comrel until appeal (technically accessible by infra)
15 > 2. available to trustees
16 Needs to be available for audit by an elected group outside of comrel for
17 several reasons.
18 a) so that said elected group can provide an assurance to the community
19 that comrel is operating as intended.
20 b) to renew comrels mandate.
21
22 Elected group so that if that group is perceived to be making incorrect
23 decisions, they can be replaced using existing processes.
24
25 > 2. Do any members of the community have an obligation to report? Can
26 > members of comrel/trustees/officers/council/etc be told information in
27 > private without it being shared back with comrel for the official
28 > record?
29 Thats two questions
30
31 > 1. no, but are heavily encouraged to
32 Agreed on reporting obligations.
33
34 > 3. Specifically, what information gets shared with people named in a
35 > dispute of some kind?
36 > 1. anonymized transcripts if feasible, else all info.
37 > 4. Under what circumstances will information be shared with a
38 > government authority/etc?
39 > 1. when required
40 > 5. Do subjects of comrel action generally have a "right to face their
41 > accuser?"
42 > 1. no
43 That depends what "face their accuser" means. If it means anonymising
44 the accuser, the answer needs to be yes. It makes mediation difficult
45 or impossible unless the parties are known to one anther.
46
47 If the case is so clear cut, that its clear that (further) mediation is
48 pointless, then I agree with the "No" but that should be rare.
49
50 > 6. What should be communicated about comrel actions, both proactively
51 > and when people inquire about them?
52 > 1. as needed, project lead notified
53
54 As needed is a bit vague. The outcome should be communicated to
55 anyone directly touched by the decision. The why and the guts of the
56 incident remain confidential as outlined above.
57
58 > 2. in statistics
59 In monthly statistics, which will have the side benefit of showing
60 that comrel is still active.
63 > --
64 > Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)
69 Regards,