From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 17:35:35
1 On Monday, November 7, 2016 9:02:15 AM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 8:43 AM, William L. Thomson Jr.
3 >
4 > <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Sunday, November 6, 2016 11:03:45 PM EST Robin H. Johnson wrote:
6 > >> On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 09:04:51PM +0100, Manuel Rüger wrote:
7 > >> > * Github:
8 > >> > * https://github.com/gentoo/
9 > >>
10 > >> Managed by Infra, plus some recruiters have access to add new devs.
11 > >
12 > > Seems like all devs should have access to Gentoo's github at least with
13 > > regard to handling PR's. All devs have commit access thus all should have
14 > > access via Github as well.
15 > >
16 > > Maybe something added to the process of adding a new developer.
17 >
18 > Use of github is purely voluntary. We couldn't create github accounts
19 > anyway, we'd have to ask devs to sign up for their own.
20
21 Likely many have them already and could be handled at recruitment time. Rather
22 than having to do after the fact. Which I assume one requests such via a bug
23 request to infra. Not sure that is documented anywhere.
24
25 > IMO the status quo is fine. People who want access just ask. People
26 > who don't care don't.
27
28 Status quo should be Gentoo's modo... Heaven forbid Gentoo do anything to
29 change the status quo....
32 William L. Thomson Jr.