From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 14:02:22
1 On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 8:43 AM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Sunday, November 6, 2016 11:03:45 PM EST Robin H. Johnson wrote:
4 >> On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 09:04:51PM +0100, Manuel Rüger wrote:
5 >> >
6 >> > * Github:
7 >> > * https://github.com/gentoo/
8 >>
9 >> Managed by Infra, plus some recruiters have access to add new devs.
10 >
11 > Seems like all devs should have access to Gentoo's github at least with regard
12 > to handling PR's. All devs have commit access thus all should have access via
13 > Github as well.
14 >
15 > Maybe something added to the process of adding a new developer.
18 Use of github is purely voluntary. We couldn't create github accounts
19 anyway, we'd have to ask devs to sign up for their own.
20
21 IMO the status quo is fine. People who want access just ask. People
22 who don't care don't.
25 Rich