From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting: Tuesday 14 August 2012, 19:00 UTC
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 15:02:55
1 On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 13:12:17 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 14:11:55 +0200
5 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 > > > Whichever route we go, there's also the UI question: how do we
7 > > > present this to users in a sensible way?
8 > >
9 > > The intent is not to anything clever but just mask the package.
10 > > Intel users don't want mesa without support for their card; they
11 > > simply don't want the broken version at all.
12 > >
13 > > It should be presented alike regular package.mask, with the whole
14 > > atom string.
15 >
16 > I'm not sure that it's that simple: what if a user has, say, intel
17 > turned on only because it's on by default in profiles?
18
19 In this particular case -- nothing, because he has by default other
20 card settings which make mesa don't trigger the bug. It was simply
21 a very weird bug which needed a simple solution to avoid spreading it
22 on users.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny