From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting: Tuesday 14 August 2012, 19:00 UTC
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 15:02:37
1 On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 14:11:55 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Whichever route we go, there's also the UI question: how do we
4 > > present this to users in a sensible way?
5 >
6 > The intent is not to anything clever but just mask the package. Intel
7 > users don't want mesa without support for their card; they simply
8 > don't want the broken version at all.
9 >
10 > It should be presented alike regular package.mask, with the whole
11 > atom string.
12
13 I'm not sure that it's that simple: what if a user has, say, intel
14 turned on only because it's on by default in profiles?
17 Ciaran McCreesh