From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Alexander Berntsen <alexander@××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, licenses@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Modified GLEP 2
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:07:16
1 >>>>> On Tue, 17 Dec 2013, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2
3 > We should change all GLEPs (or at least the ones that are public
4 > domain) to CC-BY-SA for two reasons. The first is compatibility, as
5 > you mention. The second is that public domain differs from country
6 > to country and is just needlessly complex when we can use CC-BY-SA
7 > instead.
8
9 While I agree with you about both reasons, I disagree about what we
10 should do about it. IMHO, changing the license of the existing GLEPs
11 that are marked public domain is not worth the effort.
12
13 For future GLEPs, we could recommend CC0 instead of public domain,
14 which would solve the problem of definitions differing from country to
15 country, without imposing any additional restrictions on reusing the
16 document.
17
18 Ulrich