From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Formally have Council oversee the Foundation 2.0
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 21:41:17
1 On Monday, January 16, 2017 2:42:56 PM EST Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > I may not agree with William on other things but that doesn't mean he is
4 > never right on some other things either. I vaguely recall William
5 > working on this sort of thing long ago and having someone who has
6 > already done the research provide what they learned should be listened
7 > to by all.
8
9 Yet for the sake of the community I was driven away and kept out. It does not
10 surprise me in the least this stuff was never addressed.
11
12 Despite such facts and proof how others claiming to protect the community in
13 fact due considerable harm over the long term. They continue with such
14 negative comments and attitudes. Seeking once again to drive people like me
15 away, rather than embrace and attract others with such knowledge and skills.
16
17 No wonder no one else has come along to do this sort of thankless work that
18 requires considerably more time than most technical contributions. Many here
19 simply do not get it. They could never start a project like Gentoo. They can't
20 even maintain it and grow the community.
23 William L. Thomson Jr.