From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 14:44:16
1 Am Wednesday 30 September 2015, 22:21:27 schrieb Andreas K. Huettel:
2 > Here's my alternative proposal how to solve this. It takes a slightly more
3 > radical approach and tries to replace the old mess not with a newer mess but
4 > with a true simplification. Expanded from [1].
7 Since the syncing of e-mail aliases creates more complications, how about
8 focussing on the easier points first? Let's skip d) and f) for now and stick
9 with
10
11 > a) Remove the word "herd" from docs and specifications.
12 >
13 > b) Package is "in herd" -> package is "maintained by project"
14 >
16 > This needs (as Ulrich has already pointed out) a short-name y for each
17 > project, to be defined on its wiki page.
18 > E.g., "Gentoo KDE project" has shortname kde.
19 >
20 > e) Since per GLEP 39 only developers can be project members, let's introduce
21 > "contributors" which are listed on the wiki project page together with the
22 > members.
25 We can think about more simplifications or unifications later on.
26
27 Cheers, Andreas
31 Andreas K. Huettel
32 Gentoo Linux developer