From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Spoofing on list -> Infra response re SPF
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 20:22:28
1 On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:10:16 AM EST Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Mon, 05 Dec 2016 14:50:30 -0500
3 >
4 > "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Also why is GPG signing no longer required?
6 > >
7 > > That alone can help ensure emails are coming from who they say they are.
8 > > Not sure how I was able to sign an email with an email not part of my GPG
9 > > key. Not sure if that is kmail bug or by design.
10 >
11 > 1. Obviously it would be harmful to require non-devs to sign all their email
12 > to the -dev ml
13
14 I was meaning for anyone with @gentoo.org. Like commits must be signed.
15 Its one thing to spoof another list member. No outsider should be able to pose
16 as an @gentoo.org address.
19 William L. Thomson Jr.