From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Proposal to ease flames
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 13:06:22

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 12:16:23 +0100
Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:

> [...]
Actually, the US likes to play with look up tables of offence - punishment. We call that "sentencing guidelines". Judges tend to hate it and it doesn't work very well. The thought behind it is that judges tend to be to lenient, so the legislature has to "help" them get it right, but the result turns out to be more injustice.