From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Gentoo as a team effort
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 11:48:56
1 Is Gentoo really a loose association of individualists who care about nothing
2 but their own stuff, and give a $(/%& about users or the distribution as a
3 whole?
4
5 Because that's the impression I recently get on the mailing list, and I'm not
6 really sure if it's worthwhile putting any more effort into it then.
7
8 <troll mode>
9 Maybe we should just discontinue any "Gentoo" branding, focus on the meta-
10 distribution side, and tell users "Yes there are a lot of excellent
11 derivatives of our work, where things actually work together. You should
12 install Sabayon, Funtoo, Exherbo, Pentoo, or whatever scratches your itch.
13 They are based on (not "our work" but) the excellent work of our developers.
14 Gentoo? Nah. That's just the raw package base. Don't use it directly."
15 </troll mode>
19 Andreas K. Huettel
20 Gentoo Linux developer
21 dilfridge@g.o