From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 11:18:04
1 On 10/9/15 6:58 AM, hasufell wrote:
2 > On 10/09/2015 12:50 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
3 >> Once that happens, we have important history on infrastructure
4 >> outside of our control.
7 > Are you suggesting that we move away from IRC now, because not all
8 > important discussions start on our mailing lists?
9 >
10 I just reread this and have another clarification. Its not whether
11 important discussion happens on IRC or on github or wherever, it whether
12 we keep that stuff ourselves on our own infrastructure. So for example,
13 council business is done via IRC but we post the logs on our wiki along
14 with a summary. In hardened, we do the same but email the logs out and
15 a summary so it gets into our email archives. If we could do the same
16 with github business, we would resolve the "dependency" issue.
19 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
20 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
21 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
22 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
23 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA