From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>, docs-team@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: improving alternative PM support in gentoo
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 18:05:12
1 On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 12:35:11PM -0500, Alex Brandt wrote:
2 > > Do you see any other things that need
3 > > to be tackled in order to get there?
4 >
5 > I think this is a great first step but can't suggest how to overcome any
6 > bias that might be in your way.
7 >
8 > > Maybe create a project for this?
9 >
10 > My understanding is that the project manager specification and
11 > documentation project would be appropriate venues for this. If that's not
12 > that case then I would think a new project would be appropriate.
13
14 I'll gladly help with the documentation part. I think that improving support
15 in general, and showing the "meta-distribution like" nature of Gentoo in
16 particular is a worthwhile goal here.
17
18 I don't use Paludis myself (nor do I use btrfs and some other file systems)
19 but from the draft you created I do think I can make a proper judgement of
20 how it works and where impact could be on the documentation or even the
21 handbook. We can fine-tune it then and put it live if there are no
22 objections.
23
24 Wkr,
25 Sven Vermeulen