From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-09-10
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 16:16:21
1 On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 6:16 AM, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 29 August 2013 14:09, Michael Weber <xmw@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On 08/28/2013 01:15 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
4 >>> The feedback on the original question was mostly positive.
5 >>> Most people agree that the long stabilization queues for these
6 >>> architectures create problems
7 >>> for maintainers wishing to drop old versions.
8 >> Is this the only motivation? Drop all the effort that has been put into
9 >> stabilization work on minor arches just for some impatient maintainers?
10 >>
11 >> Keywording/Stabilization is a process we all agreed on joining, so live
12 >> with it.
13 >
14 > Minor arches holding up GLSAs and removal of vulnerable stable ebuilds
15 > for 3 months or more is *not* acceptable, and not something I agreed
16 > to when joining...
17 >
18 > If they can't even do security stabilizations in a reasonable
19 > timeframe, they have no business being considered stable arches.
20 >
21 > --
22 > Cheers,
23 >
24 > Ben | yngwin
25 > Gentoo developer
28 Has this actually happened? The only thing I ever see about GLSAs is
29 the occasional closing of a multi-year-old bug for a version of a
30 package no longer in the tree as "no glsa"