From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-09-10
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 16:25:54
1 On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 6:16 AM, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On 29 August 2013 14:09, Michael Weber <xmw@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> On 08/28/2013 01:15 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
5 >>>> The feedback on the original question was mostly positive.
6 >>>> Most people agree that the long stabilization queues for these
7 >>>> architectures create problems
8 >>>> for maintainers wishing to drop old versions.
9 >>> Is this the only motivation? Drop all the effort that has been put into
10 >>> stabilization work on minor arches just for some impatient maintainers?
11 >>>
12 >>> Keywording/Stabilization is a process we all agreed on joining, so live
13 >>> with it.
14 >>
15 >> Minor arches holding up GLSAs and removal of vulnerable stable ebuilds
16 >> for 3 months or more is *not* acceptable, and not something I agreed
17 >> to when joining...
18 >>
19 >> If they can't even do security stabilizations in a reasonable
20 >> timeframe, they have no business being considered stable arches.
21 >>
22 >> --
23 >> Cheers,
24 >>
25 >> Ben | yngwin
26 >> Gentoo developer
29 > Has this actually happened? The only thing I ever see about GLSAs is
30 > the occasional closing of a multi-year-old bug for a version of a
31 > package no longer in the tree as "no glsa"
32
33 Ah, I see the m68k bug referenced in this thread.