From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: jer@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call For Agenda Items - 13 May 2014
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 00:22:58
1 On Mon, 12 May 2014 01:48:36 +0200
2 Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 11 May 2014 22:25:57 +0200
5 > Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > This makes me question how much other such policies float around;
8 > > especially given what was discussed at our last QA meeting regarding
9 > > policies being spread out on the Gentoo Wiki, and other places.
10 >
11 > Any requirements for keywording/stabilisation *should* already be
12 > documented on each Arch team's project page. As these are specific to
13 > each architecture, collecting them in a single place means unnecessary
14 > duplication and all the usual problems that tends to cause.
15
16 Yes, it should; the suggestion to formalize it came up back in January:
17
18 "1. I think maintainers should be able to stabilize their packages
19 on arch's they have access to. I think this is allowed by some arch
20 teams, but I think it would be good to formalize it."
21
22 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/89673
23
24 It was shortly pointed out by Sergey at some point, which might've gone
25 lost in the length of the thread; other parts of the thread don't seem
26 to suggest that this policy is known, and nobody questions this reply.
27
28 "amd64 and x86 arch teams have agreement, that maintainers can
29 stabilize their packages if they know how to properly test them."
30
31 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/89711
32
33 But now we know where this originates; so, I'll write a patch tomorrow.
36 With kind regards,
37
38 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
39 Gentoo Developer
40
41 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
42 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
43 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D