From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2012-04-03
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:02:34
El mar, 20-03-2012 a las 07:48 +0100, Ulrich Mueller escribió:
> In two weeks from now, the council will meet again. This is the time > to raise and prepare items that the council should put on the agenda > to discuss or vote on. > > Please respond to this email with agenda items. Please do not > hestitate to repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you > previously suggested one (since the last meeting). > > The agenda for the next meeting will be sent out on Tuesday 27th > of March 2012. > > Please respond to the gentoo-project list, if possible. > > Ulrich > >
I would like to see this suggestion discussed if possible: About making herds.xml addition mandatory for devs when adding to mail alias Currently, looks like there are developers that add them to mail aliases for "zombie" herds (herds that are empty and unmaintained usually) but don't want to add them to herds.xml because they prefer to not be considered as officially being part of that hers. This causes that herds to be not maintained very actively as we rely on that "hidden" maintainer having enough time to take care of *all* packages included in that herd. The situation is, then, like a "pseudo-unmaintained" herd as bugs are still assigned to that alias and get out of radar of maintainer-needed alias (that includes people wanting to help with that unmaintained packages, trying to find maintainers or proxy-maintainers for them or removing them is needed) and we depend on that dev added to mail alias to take care of them, this is also problematic when dev decides to drop him from alias getting herd totally unmaintained without any notice to gentoo-dev ML. Since there is no need to stay in the herd some prefixed time, I see no reason to allow developers to be in mail aliases without adding them to herds.xml, and this allows others to "easily" review herds.xml looking for empty herds. Thanks a lot