From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Reviving the forensic herd
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 06:46:53
1 On 5/24/11 6:13 PM, Pierre-Yves Bonnetain wrote:
2 > The Gentoo Forensics Herd seems dead - which is a real pity from my
3 > point of view. So I'm petitionning to revive it and (since waiting for
4 > the second coming is not quite my way of living) I'm ready to take
5 > charge of it.
6
7 Taking charge mostly means doing version bumps and fixing bumps, at
8 least on the basic level. Are some forensic packages outdated? Please
9 file bugs with version bump instructions (either just "copy existing
10 ebuild to that version" or "apply this patch"). Please post patches for
11 existing bugs and ask someone to commit them (I can act as a proxy).
12
13 > If this proposal is accepted, I must confess I will need advice and help
14 > during my first steps in this new realm. I've written a few ebuilds for
15 > my own needs, but that's all I did regarding "Gentoo internals".
16
17 Have you published those ebuilds somewehere?