From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Items for Council Agenda, May 14
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 13:52:33
1 Am Samstag, 29. April 2017, 19:00:34 CEST schrieb Anthony G. Basile:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > The Gentoo Council will be meeting in two weeks. If anyone has any
5 > issues we need to discuss, please let me know and I'll put it on the
6 > agenda. Thanks.
7
8 Guidelines for the council summaries
9
10 This is the result of reading (and improving) way too many horrible old
11 council summaries [*]. I see it as recommendation for best practices, not
12 really something we need a written-and-stamped-approved policy for. Anyway we
13 should maybe talk about it once.
14
15 1] Anything that was decided by the council outside the logged council meeting
16 within the last month (e.g. a vote on a bug) needs to be added to the summary
17 with reference to the source.
18
19 2] A link to the meeting agenda on archives.gentoo.org should be included in
20 the log and/or summary.
21
22 3] Agendas and similar documents should be posted to the mailing list(s) as
23 part of the main e-mail body, not as attachment (since the attachments are not
24 shown on archives.gentoo.org).
25
26 4] Referenced documents (e.g. policy drafts available in somebody's devspace
27 or on a pastebin) should be included in the log and/or summary (at the end).
28 The only exception is texts available on archives.gentoo.org, in our VCSs or
29 on our bugzilla.
30
31 5] If there was a formal vote, the summary should list voting results (x yes,
32 y no, ...) and the exact wording that was voted on.
33
34 Anything else?
35
36 Cheers, Andreas
37
38 [*] http://dev.gentoo.org/~dilfridge/decisions.html (work in progress)
41 Andreas K. Hüttel
42 dilfridge@g.o
43 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)